Qualifying for a career in Podiatry
How to apply to the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Johannesburg:
The application deadline for acceptance to the Faculty of Health Science’s programmes is 31 October each year. Selection and placement of applicants for accommodation in student residences is done continuously from 1 May annually.
Applications for foreign students close on 31 August annually.
When applying, be sure to do the following:
- Make sure that you meet all the entrance requirements.
- Confirm the closing date for application.
- Complete the ‘Application for Admission’ form.
- Be sure to include your application fee and all relevant documents with the ‘Application for Admission’ form.
In addition, please take note of the following:
- Your application does not guarantee admission, even if you do meet the minimum admission requirements.
- Should your application for admission be approved conditionally, you will be notified in writing.
- Your final Grade 12 results must meet the entrance requirements.
- The University will inform you in writing whether or not your application for admission has been approved conditionally and the University will supply you with all relevant documents, as well as with a student number.
Does your application for admission differ from registration?
- A prospective student must first apply for admission before he/she can register. Be sure, therefore, to apply for admission to the University in good time. Should your application for admission be successful, it would mean that you have gained provisional admission to the University.
- This approval will grant you the necessary permission to register for your chosen study field, on condition that your final Grade 12 results still meet the requirements.
Registration of students takes place in January of the year in which they start their studies.